Customizations will not import

May 20, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I can not get the Customer Portal customizations to import on any of my systems.  I recieve the following error "Either the file could not be updated, or this is not a valid Customization file.”  Any help on this one would be appreciated. 

May 20, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Which file are you trying to import?  customerportal.xml or schema_customizations.zip?  The customerportal.xml file is a content file and is designed to be used with the WebsiteCopy utility in the SDK, once you get the customizations imported.  The CRM schema extensions that you need to import are in Installation/Customizations/schema_customizations.zip.

Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net

May 21, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Thank you for your response.  I am trying to import the customerportal.xml file.  I’m not sure what you mean by the WebsiteCopy utility.  I am following the Installation Guide that came with the installer.  Thanks.

Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 5:05 PM
To: Nick Hahn
Subject: Re: Customizations will not import [customerportal:213337]

Which file are you trying to import? customerportal.xml or schema_customizations.zip? The customerportal.xml file is a content file and is designed to be used with the WebsiteCopy utility in the SDK, once you get the customizations imported. The CRM schema extensions that you need to import are in Installation/Customizations/schema_customizations.zip.

Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (customerportal@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email customerportal@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

May 21, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Please open the document "Customer Portal Deployment Guid_OnPremise_v1.0.doc".  It documents how to import the customizations, but it looks like the filename for the customizations file has been ommited from the instructions.  The file that you want to import for step 2 is schema_customizations.zip.  Step 6 documents how to use the websitecopy utility (included in the CRM SDK 4.0.0012) using the provided customerportal.xml file.  The customerportal.xml file is a 'backup' of the content for the website and can be read by the websitecopy utility - it is not a CRM customization file.

Shan

May 21, 2010 at 5:33 PM

That did it.  Thanks so much!!

Sent: Friday, May 21, 2010 11:07 AM
To: Nick Hahn
Subject: Re: Customizations will not import [customerportal:213337]

Please open the document "Customer Portal Deployment Guid_OnPremise_v1.0.doc". It documents how to import the customizations, but it looks like the filename for the customizations file has been ommited from the instructions. The file that you want to import for step 2 is schema_customizations.zip. Step 6 documents how to use the websitecopy utility (included in the CRM SDK 4.0.0012) using the provided customerportal.xml file. The customerportal.xml file is a 'backup' of the content for the website and can be read by the websitecopy utility - it is not a CRM customization file.

Shan

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (customerportal@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email customerportal@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com