websitecopy error:Unhandled Exception: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException

May 29, 2010 at 9:07 PM
Edited May 29, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Hello,

I'm getting the following error message when I'm trying to use the websitecopy utility.  Trying to upload to the online crm.  Here's the command I'm using.  Which is not throwing any auth errors..

c:\wsc\websitecopy.exe /targetConnectionString:"Authentication Type=Passport; Server=https://mycompany.crm.dynamics.com/mycompany; User ID=miker@mycompanycom; Password=Password; Device ID=asdfasdfsdf; Device Password=asdfsdfasdfasd;" /targetWebsiteName:"Customer Portal" /sourceFile:c:\wsc\customerportal.xml

Unhandled Exception: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request.
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Client.Services.Proxy.CrmDiscoveryService.Execute(Request Request)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Client.CrmConnection.GetCrmConnectionDetails(String reason)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Client.CrmConnection.<>c__DisplayClass2.<.ctor>b__0(String load)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Client.Threading.MutexExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass2`1.<Get>b__0(Mutex _)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Client.Threading.MutexExtensions.Lock(String key, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, Action`1 action)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Client.Threading.MutexExtensions.Get[T](String key, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, Func`2 loadFromCache, Func`2 loadFromService)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Client.Threading.MutexExtensions.Get[T](String key, Func`2 loadFromCache, Func`2 loadFromService)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Client.Caching.Cache.Get[T](String label, Func`2 load, Action`1 insert)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Client.Caching.Cache.Get[T](String label, Func`2 load)
   at Microsoft.Xrm.Client.CrmConnection..ctor(String connectionStringName, String connectionString)
   at WebsiteCopy.WebsiteImporter.Import(XElement element, String websiteName)
   at WebsiteCopy.WebsiteImporter.Import(Stream input, String websiteName)
   at WebsiteCopy.WebsiteImporter.Import(String inputXml, String websiteName)
   at WebsiteCopy.Copier.Copy(String[] args)
   at WebsiteCopy.Program.Main(String[] args)

Thank you

Mike

May 30, 2010 at 5:35 PM

The command-line parameters look good.  Have you checked your unique organization id (in the WSDL download area)?  I have seen some times where your unique orgname is different than the orgname in the url.

Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net

May 30, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Hello Shan,

Thank you so much for the hint!  It wasn't even close is was a cryptic 'orgxxxxxx'.  I had to add a few more permissions to the user than suggested in the docs, as the first import failed the user auth.  But It just finished!!

To find your unique org name:

Settings > Customization > Download Web Services Descripion files

Thanks again!

Mike

Jun 4, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Hi guys,

Where about in the file we can find the correct org name? its a long file so need more specific location.

Thanks,

Shakil

Jun 4, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Hi Shakil,

It's actually displayed on the page located here:

Settings > Customization > Download Web Services Descripion files

You'll see it on the page, you don't need to download.

Cheers

Mike

Jun 23, 2010 at 11:16 AM
Edited Jun 23, 2010 at 11:17 AM

I am getting the same error message. Command seems fine:

WebSiteCopy.exe /targetConnectionString:"Authentication Type=Passport; 
Server=https://crmdev.mycompany.co.uk/mycompany-dev; User ID=mycompany-crm@live.co.uk; Password=####;
Device ID=crmdev01; Device Password=####" /targetWebsiteName:"Customer Portal" /sourceFile:customerportal.xml

I cannot see the org-id on the crm website, but the IT guy has shown/told me that what i have entered is correct. Could there be any other reason for this error?, i.e: permissions? Also, when i navigate to the URL, IE complains that the certifacate isnt valid (Which it isnt, as its a development machine). Could this affect the util?

Cheers.

Jun 23, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Gareth,

The connection string you are showing here is for CRM Online (authentication type = passport), but the url you are giving is not a url for CRM Online.  Are you trying to connect to CRM Online, or to another CRM?  The connection string formats are documented in the SDK, please review them and pick the appropriate format for your CRM.

Thanks,
Shan

Jun 24, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Ok, I think i might be misunderstanding what 'CRM Online' means from your comment.

I am trying to deploy the portal to one of our servers (But can be seen from the outside world), and using Live authentication, is this not possible? I thought thats what the AuthType was used for...

Aug 30, 2010 at 8:31 PM

I'm kinda having a similar issue as well. I've followed through the installation video (side-by-side) with the Word doc. I'm at this exact step, but I have a few issues.

a) I cannot find the SDK documentation on WebsiteCopy.

b) I've changed my auth method to SPLA (as Word document suggests) for on-premise deployment, is this inaccurate?

Thanks guys!