Website.

Jun 1, 2010 at 8:47 AM
I tried to deploy the website as it's. and nothing is working. the stylesheets aren't working. links not working, i have to access each page by URL. i deployed it on IIS7/win 7. what am i missing? Thanks
Jun 1, 2010 at 3:10 PM

I would need more information on the steps that you have performed and the current errors.  Many other people have the accelerators working by following all of the steps in the documentation, so I would probably recommend reviewing the documentation and ensuring that each step has been performed.  IIS 7 / Win 7 is supported (and is the preferred platform).  Can you provide more information on the steps you have performed and the configuration of your portal site?  With more information I should be able to assist you.

Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net

Jun 2, 2010 at 10:29 AM
I'm using the eService portal now. which is almost the same, i just want to know how to set the membership profile.contactid for the login user. where can it be placed.
Jun 2, 2010 at 10:39 AM
I used the membership tool supplied with VS to add users. but it doesn't have any tool to add profile data.
Jun 2, 2010 at 2:03 PM

The site is shipped with Live ID.  You cannot add users with the asp.net membership tool, unless you have modified the site.  If you are looking at how to provision users, please read the documentation.  Using Live ID for authentication is very different than normal membership providers.  The website also uses an invitation mechanism as well as a challenge/response for onboarding of users.

Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net