Integrate with SharePoint 2010

Jun 1, 2010 at 10:52 AM
Edited Jun 1, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Hello

I just wanted to ask if there are projects in integrating this "Customer Portal Accelerator" with SharePoint 2010? It you could use all the SharePoint Features in addition to the eService, Event Management and Portal Integration. It would be great to put these two products together for a customer portal.

Are there any ideas how to implement or already made implementations out there?

Thank you!

Ivo

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:54 PM

I'm also VERY interessted with this.  Hte experience for customers would be greatly improved.

I planned to integrated the customer portal into sharepoint 2010 (or 2007) before the end of the year, and I have no idea for the moment on how to do it.

Jun 1, 2010 at 2:08 PM

We did already consult the different (old) accelerators in one solution and extended the event accelerator. Now we want to merge this portal with our extranet for partners and customers. Our idea is to develop different Webparts so we can build the portal just with this webparts and use all the SharePoint collaboration features. As authentication mode we consider to use LiveID.

I'm glad to read anyone's ideas!

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:59 PM

The current portal framework is an ASP.NET framework and is targetted for IIS and Windows Azure hosting.  SharePoint is a special platform where everything has to live within the context of a web part.  You can build your own web parts using the LINQ-to-CRM capabilities of the new SDK (4.0.0012) and build your own components for SharePoint.  Adxstudio (the makers of the basic portal framework these accelerators are built upon) is planning on supporting SharePoint 2010 in the near future as well as enabling MVC applications with the new portal framework.  Stay tuned for announcements from them. 

Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net