Event Calendar time is off

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Does anyone know how to set the correct timezone in the Customer Portal "Event Calendar"?  After successfully setting up the Customer Portal, I created an Event via Campaign in CRM Online and specified Event Timezone along with Start Date&Time and End Date & Time and saved the campaign.  Then when I go to Customer Portal on Azure and go to Event Calendar, I see that event shows up 5 hours later than what I had scheduled in CRM Online application.

Does anyone know why this is happening and what to do to fix this problem? Is there a setting I'm missing or is this a bug?  Thanks, 

Jul 1, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Same issue here, I reposted

Jul 8, 2010 at 5:11 PM

I believe the reason you are seeing a discrepancy in the event listing's datetime is because the portal is rendering the datetime in the server's timezone.  Since the user is not required to be logged on to register for events, the code is unable to take advantage of the contact record's timezone setting as it does in the "Schedule a Service" feature of the portal.  With this in mind, you can choose to do one of the following:

1 - Change the code such that the user is required to logon to view the event listings.  You can then utilize the contact record's timezone setting to adjust the datetime so that it displays correctly to the user.

2 - You can convert the datetime to UTC and then use some javascript code to determine the users local timezone settings.

3 - Or you can simply adjust line 22 of the EventListing.aspx file to include the name of the server's timezone, thus clearing up any timezone ambiguity.

<div class="date-line"><%# string.Format("{0:dddd, MMMM d, yyyy h:mm tt} ({1})", Eval("msa_startdatetime"), TimeZone.CurrentTimeZone.StandardName)%></div> 

Hope this helps.

Christine Fischer
Adxstudio - Developer