Error: Confirm-invite Redirect not working correctly

Jun 10, 2010 at 4:57 PM

We have now gotten through the entire install, the portal has been published, everything looks great in CRM... but issues with the login using liveID is causing issues.

Steps:

1. Create a new user, add a security question and answer, generate the invite code, run the workflow and send out the invite.
2. Recieve the invite, click the link, arrive at the portal site, login using LiveID and are either:  A: Redirected to the home page (but are not really logged in) or B: Redirected to a strange URL to confirm the invite (doesn't work) Example URL: https://portaltest.crm.domain.net:80/confirm-invite?LoginURL=/login 

Anyone else having this?   Any resolutions?

Jun 10, 2010 at 5:17 PM

PS. We never get to the "Challenge Question"

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:39 PM

I am wondering if custom urls are working.  If you are setting up on IIS 6 (Windows 2003), then you need to configure the 404 error handler to redirect to url /default.aspx.  Click on some of the other links in the template before you log in and validate that custom urls are working.  If they are not, then the confirm invite screen won't work and you won't be signed up.

Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Hi Shan,

The site is setup using IIS 7.

I'll try getting to the site without an invite an click around.   I'll post my findings.

Jun 10, 2010 at 7:43 PM

I can hit the home, Event Calendar and Contact Us, the other tabs require me to login with my LiveId before I can go any futher.