Adding additional CRM fields to the Contact Us page

Jun 10, 2010 at 8:59 PM

I can't seem to find in the documentation how I would go about adding new fields to the contact/contact us pieces to be able to track that information.  Can someone point me to where I can find this?

Jun 10, 2010 at 9:14 PM

That information doesn't appear to be directly referenced in the documentation - we will put it on the list for the next version.

If you look at the contactus.aspx page, you will see that it derives the form from the "Lead Web Form" view of the lead.  You can add or remove fields from this view and the portal will render the appropriate fields on the contact us page.

Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net

Jul 23, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Is it possibly to change the field names? The portal does not read the field names from the CRM :-(

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Yes you can change the field names.  A quick description of how it works would probably be helpful.  The portal uses the LINQ query provider, which in turn uses the classes that have been generated by the CrmSvcUtil utility.  The classes are the 'model' of the application and have been generated by the utility reading the CRM metadata.  If you make changes to your CRM schema and want to add those to the portal, simply re-run the CrmSvcUtil command to regenerate the xrm.cs file in the Xrm project.  This will bring in your CRM changes to your programming model.  Once that is done, you can then use the new properties and classes in the portal code.

Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net