The virtual path '/Pages/Page.aspx' maps to another application, which is not allowed.

Jun 14, 2010 at 3:03 PM
I followed every step in the installation guide, but when i tried to browse the website for the 1st time i got this error: Server Error in '/CustomerPortal' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The virtual path '/Pages/Page.aspx' maps to another application, which is not allowed. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The virtual path '/Pages/Page.aspx' maps to another application, which is not allowed. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [ArgumentException: The virtual path '/Pages/Page.aspx' maps to another application, which is not allowed.] System.Web.VirtualPath.FailIfNotWithinAppRoot() +11363277 System.Web.HttpContext.RewritePath(String path, Boolean rebaseClientPath) +195 Microsoft.Xrm.Portal.Web.SiteContextModule.SetRewritePath(HttpContext context, String rewritePath) +35 Microsoft.Xrm.Portal.Web.SiteContextModule.RewritePath(Object sender, EventArgs args) +2464 System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171 Any ideas?? Thanks
Jun 14, 2010 at 3:13 PM
Never mind, it's working now. :)
Aug 6, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Hello,

I get a similar error when i try running the application on Windows Server 2008 with IIS 7
Can you please guide me as to which configuration resolved the above issue

Thanks.

Aug 9, 2010 at 3:58 PM

I would check your IIS and DNS settings.  This error is not possible if things are set up properly.  The portal site should be in its own IIS website and running in its own app pool.  It should not be hosted as a virtual directory or application under any other site on the machine.  The error message stated above demonstrates that it is hooked up as a sub-application under another site.  You should NOT make any changes to the CRM website if you are hosting the portal on the CRM server.

Shan

Sep 28, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Hello,

is there any way to move it to a virtual directory? it is quite important to me.

Sebastian.

Sep 28, 2010 at 11:39 PM

This is not possible with the current version.  We are investigating this with the CRM 2011 version of the portals.  In the meantime, you can use alternate ports and host headers with the website on the root.

Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net