header_background field

Jun 30, 2010 at 10:25 PM
Please can someone help me:

How I can display the Web file "header_background" in the customer portal?

Thanks

RC.-

Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger  Get it now!
Jun 30, 2010 at 10:50 PM

The url for the header background is simply /header_background.png

You can browse to it.  If you want to edit it, you will find it in the CRM as an attachment to a web file entity.  You can upload a new graphic using the CMS interfaces and selecting New File.

Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net

Jun 30, 2010 at 11:18 PM

I insert a picture file to the web file entitity and did not show it.

At CMS interfaces I do not see the new file option

RC.-

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:50:11 -0700
Subject: Re: header_background field [customerportal:217930]

The url for the header background is simply /header_background.png
You can browse to it. If you want to edit it, you will find it in the CRM as an attachment to a web file entity. You can upload a new graphic using the CMS interfaces and selecting New File.
Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (customerportal@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email customerportal@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger  Get it now!
Jul 9, 2010 at 12:24 PM
Yes, but once it is inserted properly in CRM, how do we reference it in the code to display it? While there are 4 sample files set up in the accelerator, they are not displayed. How do we enable & place these files on the page?
Jul 9, 2010 at 2:12 PM
You don't need to reference any code to display it - simply add a link to the media (if it is a download) or use the url as a src for an img tag if it is an image. The CMS framework will automatically handle how to display/download the file for you. For example, if you upload a datasheet.pdf file as a web file that is parented on the home page, simply add a link datasheet to your page content. You can even use the insert-hyperlink wizard of the WYSIWYG content editing interface. Shan
Jul 9, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Sweet! Thanks.