Saved Query for Cases Web View

Jul 3, 2010 at 3:43 PM

I'd like to add another column to the Cases Web View saved query. Where can I find where this query is located? I know I can just adjust the data binding but I like having the query saved in CRM.

Jul 5, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Go to Settings | Customization | Customize Entities.  Select Cases, then Forms and Views.  You will notice a case web form view - it will have the columns that will be used to generate the view on the portal.  Simply reconfigure the view to meet your requirements and publish the customizations to CRM.

Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net

Aug 13, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Shan, one thing I noticed is that there is a column contained in the "Cases Web View" that doesn't show up on the Web site: Account Name (Customer).  I do see both the column and the data when I use the view in CRM.

Any idea why that would be?  Our web customers will open cases for more than one Account, so I'd like to be able to display this column on the Web portal.

Thank you!

Aug 13, 2010 at 8:49 PM

The current columns generator can only handle attributes of the entity itself, and does not currently handle related entities.  I will add this as a request for the improvements to make to the next version.

Thanks,
Shan

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:11 AM

has then been resolved or not?ive installed the latest customer portal accelerator on my crm 2011 box and the columns still dont appear?If i reference the actual column, it displays the GUID but if i choose the related column from the entity, it displays nothing ( as described above)

Apr 6, 2011 at 3:43 AM

No worries actually,  i just changed the GUID values on the databind to display what i wanted :)

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Changing attributes does not affect the portal, I tried rebooting the portal webserver, still nothing. Is this hard coded somewhere? Specifically I am trying to change the default column to Submitted On to be sorted. Currently its set to Summary which is useless to users.

Jul 28, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I am able to add columns and see them reflected in the portal, however how can i configure sorting on the portal?  Changing the field to sort on in the Cases Web View does not reflect on the portal.

Thanks

Aug 4, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Why does changing the sort order/column do nothing?

Aug 12, 2011 at 8:05 PM

Changing the columns in the "Case Web View" are reflected on the portal.  However if i configure the sorting of that view it does not update in the portal.  I am wondering if there is a different way to configure the sorting on the portal.

Aug 15, 2011 at 6:03 AM

What purpose is it to sort on summary (default) and not be able to change it? Is there no way to make the eportal apply changes to sort order??????

Aug 15, 2011 at 6:17 AM

The columns generator only affects the columns that are being displayed and does NOT affect the sort order.  That said, there is nothing stopping you from modifying the code-behind in the portal to change the sort order to any column you wish.

Aug 19, 2011 at 2:27 AM

Interesting, so the sort function is disabled in the free version? 

I don't have a clue how to change the code behind, is it something you can outline for me?  Thanks for verifying that cause it was making me crazy!

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:34 AM
brucesithole wrote:

No worries actually,  i just changed the GUID values on the databind to display what i wanted :)

Could you explain in more detail exactly how you made this change as I have the same issue?

Thanks

Sep 6, 2011 at 3:07 AM

Do you know that you can add a single .OrderBy() clause to the code-behind to achieve the sorting that you want?  This functionality is not 'disabled' in the free version - it is just that the columns generator has a single job - to map CRM views to a data source control - it doesn't handle sorting.

Sep 6, 2011 at 6:38 AM

Hi Shan,

I don't want to sort the columns. The issue is the data for owner and customer in my case is displaying as the GUID instead of the actual name.

Any ideas why this may be and how to solve it?

Thanks

Jon

Sent: 06 September 2011 04:08
To: Priority One IT - Technicians
Subject: Re: Saved Query for Cases Web View [customerportal:218248]

Do you know that you can add a single .OrderBy() clause to the code-behind to achieve the sorting that you want? This functionality is not 'disabled' in the free version - it is just that the columns generator has a single job - to map CRM views to a data source control - it doesn't handle sorting.

Oct 28, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Hi

I have changed the View in CRM, but the changes don't show on the Portal web page.  For instance I've added the Case Type (which is a standard field of an option set type) into the Cases Web View, but it won't show on the web.  I've tried refreshing the cache, but no joy.  Any suggestions?

Thanks David

Jul 30, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Hi!

I have noticed that when you rebuild the solution the Portal reflects the changes in the view, at least for me has worked.