Adding additional CRM fields to Acccount & My Information in Manage Account

Jul 16, 2010 at 6:01 AM
Edited Jul 16, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Does Customer Portal accelerator allow adding additional CRM fields (Account and Contact fields) to the Manage Account (Profile)?  The Customer Portal allows me to add additional fields to Contact Us via "Lead Web Form" in Lead entity; however, same was not possible for Account and Contact entities. 

I tried to add additional fields to Customer Portal "Manage Account" via editing "Manage Accounts Web View" and/or "Create Account Web Form" in Account Entity but they did not change the Account Information fields in the Customer Portal.  Same goes for "Manage Contact Web View" and "Create Contact Web Form" in Contact Entity.  Fields listed in these views did NOT match the fields visible in the Customer Portal.  Has anyone been able to add CRM fields (Account and/or Contacts) to the Customer Portal? 

Also does anyone know what the difference is between "Manage Accounts/Contacts Web View" vs. "Create Accounts/Contact Web Form"?

Is there any documenations out there that describes how to configure the Customer Portal with listings of what is and what is NOT possible?  I have reviewed all three documentations posted including Functionality and Administration Guide, Installation Guide, and Content Management Guide but it does not provide the details necessary to customize the Customer Portal fields. 

Thanks in advance! 

Jul 20, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Hi Crmworker!

The manage profile page of the Customer Portal is not wired up to use crm views; it is hard coded.  If you would like to add additional fields you will need to add them manually to the Profile.aspx page and then wire them up in the code behind. 

The views you have mentioned are used in the Partner Portal which is why you are not seeing any changes in the Customer Portal after you alter them.  The "Manage Accounts Web Form" is used to render the columns displayed in the gridview for the Manage Accounts page.  The "Create Account Web Form" is used on the account creation page to render the desired fields for the user to complete.

As for the documention, I'm unaware if anything of that nature exsists but please feel free to post questions about the Customer Portal on the forum and I'll be happy to answer them.

Hope that helps clear things up.

Christine Fischer – Developer
Adxstudio Inc. 

Jul 20, 2010 at 4:48 PM
Edited Jul 20, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Hi Christine,

Thanks for the reply.  I have two questions:

Question 1: How do I go about modifying "... Profile.aspx page and then wire them up in the code behind"?  What's involved?  I am trying to determine if it is feasible to make these changes easily and assess usability/configurability of this portal.

Question 2:  Is it possible to combine Partner Portal functionality and Customer Portal functionality so that I can use the "Manage Accounts Web Form" and "Create Account Web Form" feature?  If yes, then what steps do I take to make this possible?  I guess what I am asking is what do I need to do to enable Parnter Portal functionality in the Customer Portal so that I can take advantage of additional features in the Partner Portal. 

Thanks in advance!