Problem with create invitation code WF

Jul 27, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Hi All,

Ive managed to get the portal site up and running following the docs and with some help from these discussions but am having one little issue with the create invitation code WF.

Ive edited the email to point at my URL, and then published. 

Ive then created a test contact with an email address, saved it and then tried to send an invite code - I just get a 'error on page' message at the bottom left and nothing happens. 

Anyone? 

Jul 27, 2010 at 10:56 AM

OK, following the guide I imported all the customisations in the portal install package, then I re-imported some of the original entities from the backup as advised I could do here:

1. You have the option once this process is complete to re-import and publish the backup you made in Step 1. This will preserve the new entities and attributes you’ve just added but it will restore any form or view changes you may have already applied to your CRM system before you started this process.

I think thios is the problem as in the contact entity there is no tab for 'web auth'. 

Will reimporting the contact entity solve this? 

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:20 AM

OK Ive re-imported the contact entity and the web auth tab is present now, I can follow the procedure for adding the secret q+a, then generate the unique code, save, then run workflow - but the workflow does not run, no errors, nothign in system jobs, nothing? 

Any ideas?

Jul 27, 2010 at 5:42 PM

You should see the job in the workflows.  If there is no job listed, then your CRM Asych service is likely stopped.  The service needs to be started for the workflow engine to function.

Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net

Jul 27, 2010 at 6:37 PM
You were correct Shan, thanks - Just got 10 emails through to the test email accont ;) Never thought to check it was running as its set to automatic and other WF's were working fine, odd.... Anyway now I just have to edit the email properly (the invite code at the end is just text appended to the link which obviously doesn't work.