Security Model Questions

Jul 29, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I am now working at setting up all of the security permissions for the various accounts and contacts we have in our system to access the portal.  I have a few questions relating to setting up access to various recrods..

1. Can the relationship for the account be set to customer and the account still have the ability to log into the system?  This is mainly for the eService side of things.
  2. When creating case access permissions, I noticed the Account and Contact fields are not mandatory.  Can I fill in the Account only to set an "Account wide" permission value for the cases?
  3. When creating account access permissions, I also noticed the contact field is not mandatory. Can I fill in the Account only to set an "Account wide" permission value?
  4. When creating contact access permissions, I also noticed the contact field is not mandatory. Can I fill in the Account only to set an "Account wide" permission value?
  5. In addition to the questions above, is there an easier way to assign bulk permissions?  right now we only have a few hundred accounts and around one thousand contacts, however this will still be very time consuming without a more consolidated model.

Thank you,

Austin