A user authorization token could not be obtained from the LiveId service. The credential is blocked.

Aug 8, 2010 at 11:35 PM
Edited Aug 9, 2010 at 6:29 AM

I use the new CRM 4.0 vpc.

I followed the step-by-step instructions provided by Shan in order to install the Customer Portal Accelerator.
http://www.shanmcarthur.net/crm/developers-corner/customer-portal-modifications-for-demo-vpc-without-internet-connectivity

When I open the web site, I ge the following error:
"A user authorization token could not be obtained from the LiveId service. The credential is blocked."

As I am not a developper, I'm pretty sure I forgot something.

Please, let me know if I need to provide more details.

Thomas

Aug 9, 2010 at 5:27 PM
The new VPC has already been configured (by your's truely) to not require Live ID. The website should not have been using Live ID and should already have been configured to function without an internet connection. Are you certain that you were using the latest VPC? Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net
Aug 9, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Thank you Shan for your prompt response.

I downloaded the new vpc from here : https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/deployment/methodology/vpc/msdcrm4vpcrerelease.htm?p=28
I had to unzip the Customer Portal website from the .zip file.

The default location that is already configured in IIS is C:\CUSTOMER_PORTAL_RTW_R1\Installation\Website\Customer-Portal-R2\Website

I will try the all process from the beginning.
Thomas

Aug 12, 2010 at 3:53 AM

You must have downloaded the old re-release.  There was a small packaging issue and the team re-released the re-release.  The latest version has the files extracted to the appropriate location.  I also did a few more things to ensure that the VPC does run without internet connection.  My blog article missed a couple of things in the process.  I would recommend that you re-download the VPC again.

Thanks,
Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net

Aug 17, 2010 at 7:46 PM
I re-downloaded the VPC last week. This version was modified on August, 9th. I noticed that the web.config file is slightly different with the connection string name set as Xrm for LDAP://contoso.com/CN=Users,DC=contoso,DC=com I now get the following error: 'Authentication Type' must be specified in the CRM connection string Stack Trace [ConfigurationErrorsException: 'Authentication Type' must be specified in the CRM connection string.] System.Web.Security.Roles.Initialize() +1874422 System.Web.Security.RoleManagerModule.OnLeave(Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +63 System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75 Thank you for your support Thomas