Assign Cases to Queue

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Hello,

I am trying to assign cases to a particular queue after they have been created from the portal.
I have able to find the code for case creation in the createcase.aspx page however the xrm object does not seem to provide any method to assign the case to the queue.
Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on this.

Regards,
Denny

Aug 24, 2010 at 5:50 PM

You can do it with code, although I would recommend a better approach:  use a CRM workflow to assign the new case.  Simply test the owning user and if the case is owned by the web user, then simply assign it to a queue.  That way if you want to change your logic, you can simply use CRM to do that without having to repromote new code.

Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net

Aug 25, 2010 at 6:01 AM

Hello Shan,

I appreciate your prompt reply and your workflow option sounds great . I would definetly follow that approach.
However I would still like to know how do i route a case to a queue via code.
The crm web service uses the routrequest classes to get this done, but i am unsure of the classes available in the xrm object for this one.
I tried the methods AddLink and SetLink but they just dont seem to work.

Regards,
Denny

Aug 26, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Hi,

I really needed to assign a case to a queue programatically using the Customer Portal. Can you post an example? can't find the relationship to the route event in Xrm approach?

Thank you for your time.
Pedro Costa