Stuck with Customer Portal Web Site deployment

Sep 2, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Hi,

I have imported all the customizations to my CRM Test Server and I have also registered my CRM website for Windows Live services. Now I am stuck with the website deployment. Can some one give me the detail instructions how to deploy this Customer Web Portal to Web? Does any one have the Step By step Guide for Installation Part II?

Please help me as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Santosh

Sep 2, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Finally manage to deply the website on From Customer Portal from "CUSTOMER_PORTAL_RTW_R1\Installation\Website\Customer-Portal-R2\Website" folder but now getting an Error 403

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that this program was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

while browsing the website.

Sep 2, 2010 at 7:12 PM

I would assume that you have something wrong with your security configuration on the website.  It all depends on the app pool identity and File ACLs.  The normal permissions on Windows Server don't allow the anonymous website identity to read from program files or other protected directories.  I would recommend that you put the portal under your c:\inetpub folder, and double-check the identity that is used to host the website to ensure that it has access to the files.

Shan
www.shanmcarthur.net

Sep 2, 2010 at 7:26 PM

No, moving website folder to intepub folder did not work as well. Same error.

Sep 2, 2010 at 7:31 PM

That is a standard IIS error message.  It is not due to the portal.  There will be something in your security model that is not allowing for the site to be viewed.  Please check your ACLs, your IIS website settings, your app pool settings, your IIS browsing permissions, etc..  You will find that if you put a test.aspx page in the site that it won't render either.  You need to isolate the underlying security issue before your portal will function.  The error you are seeing is not one that we have seen someone else have, so it must be unique to your environment.

Shan