Error when wanting to edit

Oct 28, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Hello,

when I logon to the portal with a user that has all rights I get an error when I want to edit text:

"An error has occured while saving your content. Your changes have not been saved."

The computer I work from has .net 3.5 installed.

altough the error suggests that I have made changes I was not able to do so.

Anybody?

Oct 28, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Did you install Service Pack 1 for .Net 3.5?  This is required for the portal to work as it is the primary dhip vehicle for the WCF Data Services.  If that is installed, then to troubleshoot this, I recommend using Fiddler to view the actual error that the cms.svc file is giving you.

Thanks,
Shan McArthur
www.shanmcarthur.net

Nov 2, 2010 at 8:44 AM
Edited Nov 2, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Thanks for your answer.

On the webserver .net framework 3.5 and 4.0 is installed, and the rollupupdate 13 is executed.

When I click the 'edit' button on the extra pane that apears when in 'edit' mode I get an error that says: An error has occured while loading content required for this feature.

It's like he can't load the texteditor

I've installed Fiddler but I'm still figuring out on how the program can tell me what goes wrong. Mayby this can help :

<!-- body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; } --> 

Server Error in '/' Application.

This collection already contains an address with scheme http.  There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: This collection already contains an address with scheme http.  There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: This collection already contains an address with scheme http.  There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection. ]
   System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.FilterBaseAddressList(Uri[] baseAddresses, Uri[] prefixFilters) +564
   System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.CreateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) +177
   System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) +46
   System.ServiceModel.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath) +683

[ServiceActivationException: The service '/Services/Cms.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: This collection already contains an address with scheme http.  There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection. .]
   System.ServiceModel.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +460
   System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +471
   System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.ExecuteSynchronous(HttpApplication context, Boolean flowContext) +276
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +613
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +177

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4200; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4209

<!-- [InvalidOperationException]: This collection already contains an address with scheme http. There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection. at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.FilterBaseAddressList(Uri[] baseAddresses, Uri[] prefixFilters) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.CreateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath) at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath) [ServiceActivationException]: The service '/Services/Cms.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation. The exception message is: This collection already contains an address with scheme http. There can be at most one address per scheme in this collection. . at System.ServiceModel.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result) at System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) at System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.ExecuteSynchronous(HttpApplication context, Boolean flowContext) at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) --><!-- This error page might contain sensitive information because ASP.NET is configured to show verbose error messages using <customErrors mode="Off"/>. Consider using <customErrors mode="On"/> or <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/> in production environments.-->

Nov 2, 2010 at 4:15 PM

problem solved.

It had nothing to do with host headers and chages in the web.config (that I have been reading looking for the answer)

It had to do with the service. We're creating a new Xrm.cs after adding new fiedls in the CRM
And in creating the Xrm.cs we needed to add a DatacontextPrefix.

Anyway. It's solved.

Dec 11, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Hi,

what did you after creating you xrm.cs file with crmsvcUtil ?

I want to add custom field and I don't know what to do with this file once it's generated...

Thanks