Customer PORTAL Scripting error on EDIT

Nov 23, 2010 at 5:29 AM

Hi all - my instance of the Customer Acccelerator Portal running on Windows Azure has until recently been working fantastically no issue - suddently the Edit Feature is no longer available and I get a scripting error "An error has occurred while loading content required for this feature" if I click the edit button while logged in. - If i watch the network traffic I see JSON errors occurring during the request.

Any ideas on how to fix this? The Edit inline feature is one of the best features of XRM and I wish to have it back!

Thanks

Laurence

Nov 23, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Either use Fiddler (if using IE), or firebug (if using firefox) and retrieve the results of the request to the cms.svc file.  This will give you the error message, which will be important to troubleshoot this issue.

Shan

Nov 27, 2010 at 2:54 AM

Hi Shan, thanks for the reply – I have been trying to locate the calls to cms.svc with Firebug but I cannot find them – any pointers? I appreciate your help hugely

Sent: Wednesday, 24 November 2010 3:14 AM
To: Laurence Lemmon-Warde
Subject: Re: Customer PORTAL Scripting error on EDIT [customerportal:235677]

Either use Fiddler (if using IE), or firebug (if using firefox) and retrieve the results of the request to the cms.svc file. This will give you the error message, which will be important to troubleshoot this issue.

Shan

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (customerportal@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email customerportal@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Nov 27, 2010 at 4:21 AM

Hi Shan, I think I may have located the error – appears to be a call to a custom web service on the site.

Sent: Wednesday, 24 November 2010 3:14 AM
To: Laurence Lemmon-Warde
Subject: Re: Customer PORTAL Scripting error on EDIT [customerportal:235677]

Either use Fiddler (if using IE), or firebug (if using firefox) and retrieve the results of the request to the cms.svc file. This will give you the error message, which will be important to troubleshoot this issue.

Shan

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (customerportal@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email customerportal@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com