How to notify users about customer's modifications ?

Jan 4, 2011 at 12:09 PM

I have asked for the development of an extranet based on the customer portal accelerator. This works fine :-)

But one question remains : how can we manage informations added by the customers ? they can now add notes to opened cases, I need a way to raise an alert to people in charge so the customer gets a quick answer.

Regards,

Nicolas

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:51 PM

HAve you tried to add a workflow on note or case?  You could also add a plugin if you need additional processing.  Finally, the source code for the portal is yours for modifying - you can also add some additional logic or email processing in the portal as well, although I would recommend taking the approach of a workflow in CRM as your first choice.

Shan

Jan 4, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Thanks for your fast answer Shan :-)

I was also thinking about a workflow on note creation that would send an email to the case's owner.

But my first choice would have been to use the notification accelerator, build a view, and subscibe to the related RSS feed. I don't like the idea of spaming users with dozens of daily emails. Unfortunatly, this is not working for notes (this accelerator works for all entities except the system ones).

I was searching for other ideas but it seems that basic solutions are often the best ones.

Regards

Jan 4, 2011 at 4:56 PM

I would then recommend creating a task instead of sending an email.  This will then show up in outlook as a pending task.

Shan