Licenses for Customer Portal Accelerator

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:13 PM

HI,

Is there a release date or demo available of the new version for CRM 2011?  and, will it be available for CRM 2011 Online?

Are there specific licenses we would need to purchase thru Microsoft to enable use of the Customer Portal Accelerator by our customers?

Thank you!

Voni

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:28 PM

They will be available in the marketplace any day now.  Yes, they support all deployments of CRM, including CRM Online.  The Microsoft versions are free.  Adxstudio makes a commercial version of the portals with a lot more enterprise-class features and that is available for $4000.

For CRM licensing, there is no additional CRM license costs for CRM Online or partner-hosted, but will require an external connector license for an on-prem install of CRM.

Shan McArthur

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Hi Shan,

Thank you for the info!

I have a prospect that is interested in CRM and the eService portion of Customer portal... but wants to see something tomorrow if possible.  The eService portion is one of the most important items in their decision making.

Will the new Customer Portal accelerator be similar enough to the old Customer portal to demo the 4.0 version?

Voni

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Yes, it is very similar, but has been cleaned up a bit plus has a few small bugs fixed.

Shan

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:09 PM

If I were interested in seeing the demonstration of the enterprise-class customer portal how could we go about getting that scheduled

Kenneth

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:12 PM

You can get a demo by filling in the contact us form on the website, or sending an email to sales at adxstudio.com.  You can see the differences in the features at the following url:  http://www.adxstudio.com/adxstudio-xrm/comparison

Jan 25, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Hi Shan,

Is there any update on when this portal will be available in the Dynamics Marketplace?  I too have a prospect who is looking at using the Portal with CRM online?

Thanks

Alastair

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:50 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2011 at 2:58 AM

Technical previews of the CRM 2011 portals are now available on the Microsoft Dynamics Marketplace at the below links:

Customer Portal: http://pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-US/applications/Customer-Portal-Technical-Preview-for-Microsoft-Dynamics-CRM-2011-12884910826

Partner Relationship Management Portal: http://pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-us/applications/partner-relationship-management-portal-technical-preview-for-12884910828

Feb 2, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Is this for the Codeplex (free) version?

Feb 2, 2011 at 6:36 PM

The free versions for CRM 2011 are now shipped from the marketplace, and will be supported in the forums.  Codeplex will be reserved for the CRM 4 versions of the portals, which will be retired eventually.  The commercial version (not free) of the portals from Adxstudio are available on their community site.

Shan

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Is the free version on the Market place now?

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Yes, the marketplace links for the free version are included in one of my previous posts.

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Hi,

Both links I found are asking for a user and password ?

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Yes, when you hit the "try" button in the marketplace, you will have to sign in (using Live ID), and then accept the license agreement before you can download it.  You will eventually be able to download a CAB file, of which you extract, then in that folder there will be a self-extracting .exe.  The structure of that file will be the same as you have seen in the CRM 4 portal accelerator.  It is a crazy experience - welcome to pinpoint...

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Is there documentation anywhere on what it includes and how to install?

Feb 3, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Yes, just like the CRM 4 accelerators, there is a documentation folder in the self-extracting .exe with the installation documentation in it.  If you are familiar with the current accelerators, the process is very similar.  A few things have changed, like the Azure development tools and Live ID portal, and the documentation includes updated instructions.  Otherwise, the process is nearly identical to the old accelerators, except it uses a managed solution file so there is no need to edit the sitemap or isv.config files.

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:05 PM

Hi Shan,

I found it in the Marketplace, clicked "Try it" and downloaded the file.  I clicked on the exe and it listed 2 files.  I am new to this, is there a particular program I need to open these files with to see the documentation?

Feb 3, 2011 at 10:36 PM

You could have downloaded a CAB file (not an .EXE), and in the exe is a manifest file (don't worry about it) plus a self-extracting .exe file.  Run that EXE and it will fully extract the contents.  In that folder, you will see a documentation folder as well as the rest of the bits.