Event Details update problems

Jan 26, 2011 at 2:58 PM

Hello,
I have managed installing the Customer Portal Acelerator but I am having some problems with the events detail information updates. Whenever I create an Event it appears in the page but one it was created if I update the Event Details information like Street or Province it is not showed in the Portal.
The only way I got the page updated is openning the Web.config an saving it without doing any change, after that I can see the Event Details updated.

Regards,
Sebastian.

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:42 PM

The portal uses caching, so this is expected behavior.  The code for cache invalidations is in the package, but the instructions on how to deploy that to CRM 4 is not included in the documentation.  The CRM 2011 versions of the portals include a plugin and new cache invalidation mechanism that is more automatic and included in the solution.

In the meantime, you can follow the instructions on the following link to set up a toolbar icon in your browser so that you can hit the button to reset the cache on your portal.

http://community.adxstudio.com/Default.aspx?DN=ff663ebf-1a78-4afc-a8d1-19c3e171dddf

Shan McArthur