Portal View Cases

Feb 24, 2011 at 3:41 PM

What controls the view cases dropdown filter (My cases, My Company's cases or all cases)?

This did work but now has disappeared from the view case screen.  I still have the dropdown for Active/Closed cases.  Is this a permissions setting in CRM?

Thank you.
Mark

Feb 24, 2011 at 4:26 PM

The page is /Pages/eService/ViewCases.aspx (with code-behind).  The control is CustomerFilter, which is really easy to see on the asp.net page as it is only 21 lines long.  In the code-behind, there is a method called HideControlsBasedOnAccess() that will disable the CustomerFilter control if the user does not have access to account scope.  You have to have the case access entity set up appropriately to grant the customer access to cases, and if you want to allow them to see cases throughout their company, the scope in that entity has to be set to account.  I believe that the n:1 relationship to account in the case access rule has to be set to the same account as the contact's primary account in the code that was released last May.

Please read the "Functionality and Administration Guide" that is included in the accelerator as it documents how to configure case management.  This topic is covered at the bottom of page 12.

Shan