Assigning cases created by the portal to the correct queue

Mar 17, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Hi,

I am trying to assign a case created via the portal to the correct queue. If possible I would like to try to do this workflow but I am have a little trouble figuring out to make this work. Here is the situation I have.

When a case in created via the portal an email is sent to our main queue. Now I want to take that email and move it to the a different product specific queue. THe case contains infomation that identifies which queue it should go to. Any suggestions is appreciated.

I am using CRM 4 and the portal for CRm 4

Mar 26, 2011 at 5:56 PM

It would be a better idea to assign the case, not the email to a queue.  The problem you are likely having is that the workflow on the case is creating the email, and the out-of-box workflow activitities don't allow you to also assign the email activity in that same workflow.  Another approach is to add the information into the email and have a second workflow (on email create) look for the field on the email and then assign itself to the queue.  I haven't done this in CRM 4 and I haven't touched CRM 4 in more than 9 months (all my work is with CRM 2011).  In CRM 2011 we would create a new queue item and assign that to the queue instead of the email.

Shan McArthur