I've been working with the portal for a few months now and just recently found a problem with the Live ID authentication.
1. A user has a live ID but has never associated that Live ID with a contact record in CRM via an invitation code.
2. That user visits the site and clicks on the log in control.
3. They log in with their live ID.
4. When they are returned to the site the LiveID status control says Sign In.
5. Clicking on Sign in the control in the upper right brings them to the Login Page.
6. Clicking the Live ID Sign In Icon on the Log in page re-directs them to the homepage.
The user is stuck in a loop where they can't log out, but the user they are logged in with can't access any protected content.
Would appreciate help figuring out how the system should be handling these users with LiveID accounts that aren't associated with the portal.
Here are some properties I've checked.
Page.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated = false
Page.ViewStateUserKey = null