crm:CrmEntityFormView Layout

Apr 29, 2011 at 3:46 AM

I have installed the base portal code from microsoft in my CRM 2011 On premise organization.

I have then run the sample code provided as part of "Walkthrough: Build a Web Application That Connects to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Using Developer Extensions". Things I have noticed are:

1. The layout of the form selected from CRM is not the layout used in the web form. ie in crm I can setup a form tab to have multiple columns for the layout, yet when presented through the portal is appears as a single column of fields listed. Is this by design?

2. You are not able to select the form, you can only select a tab from the main form. Is there a way to select which form you would like to use? This is how the portal worked in CRM 4.

Thanks

Apr 29, 2011 at 4:29 AM

You are correct on both counts for the use of the free portal accelerator and SDK.  The commercial version from Adxstudio can render full forms and uses the new role-based forms feature.  Just another reason to upgrade to the commercial edition...

Apr 29, 2011 at 4:32 AM

Is there a trial version I can install and play with before purchasing?

Apr 29, 2011 at 4:35 AM

Yes, simply go to http://community.adxstudio.com/ and download it from there.  You will be looking for version 4.x (which is for CRM 2011).

Apr 29, 2011 at 5:15 AM

Thank-you

May 2, 2011 at 5:08 AM

I can no longer access the link provided. Is there any documentation on the framework provided?

May 4, 2011 at 6:06 AM

Hi Shan,

I have installed the portal accelerator. Copied the company portal website and all is ok. However, on the contact record when I select the "Create Invitation Code" button on the "Web Authentication Tab" nothing is happening. Is this only available for when using "LiveID"? If not what do I need to do to get it to work?

Thanks,

Filiz

May 11, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Hi Shan,

I have installed the commercial version of the portals.
I was wondering when we purchase licences, do we get a new version? Is there documentation? Will the documentation cover how to create your own portal and what needs to be done? What the purpose of each entity is and what the settings mean?

Thanks,

Filiz

May 11, 2011 at 1:17 AM

When you purchase the commercial version you get a license key that will disable the nag.  We don't have a reduced functionality product.  The support for the commercial edition is on http://community.adxstudio.com, not here - I recommend you go over to there.  We are preparing training videos now that will answer all the questions you just asked, but you can also browse through the online docs on the community site.

May 11, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Thank-you. Looking forward to that training material.