Not able to open link for regitration

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:14 AM

When i am trying to register link for customer portal, below link is not opening

https://msm.live.com/app/

its giving below error,please guide me to register it and do we need live id to register?

The resource cannot be found.

<!-- body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; } -->

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /Cloud/Provisioning/New.aspx

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Just go to https://msm.live.com/ 

Please note that Microsoft is deprecating the use of Live ID web SDK that the old portals are coded to use.  We updated the CRM 2011 version of the portals to use Windows Azure ACS.  I would not register a new site using this older SDK as it will likely cause some issues in the very near future.

Apr 5, 2012 at 4:36 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

I'm configuring customer portal with crm4.0 not crm2011, so the documents which i got from MSDN link , according to that i have to register  this link.

Please guide.

Thanks.

Apr 5, 2012 at 4:42 AM

The Windows Live team have changed many things since we updated the portal for CRM 4, including changing a number of their links.  The link I gave you above is accurate.  That said, please be forewarned that the Live Auth SDK that the CRM 4 portal uses is being deprecated by Microsoft.  The portal can use any ASP.NET membership provider, so if I were you I would consider using an alternate ASP.NET provider, or the commercial version from Adxstudio that includes a contact membership provider.

If you don't believe me on the Live ID Auth SDK, please see the note at the very top of this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb676633.aspx

Apr 23, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

We are currently using CRM 4.0 on premises and need to deploy customer portal for the same , so is there any other accelerator available for this .

Do we need to download any other accelerator for the customer portal for CRM 4.0 on premises.

Thanks & Regards

Ayushi Shrivastava

Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:13 AM
To: Ayushi Shrivastava (WI01 - Solutions)
Subject: Re: Not able to open link for regitration [customerportal:351137]

The Windows Live team have changed many things since we updated the portal for CRM 4, including changing a number of their links. The link I gave you above is accurate. That said, please be forewarned that the Live Auth SDK that the CRM 4 portal uses is being deprecated by Microsoft. The portal can use any ASP.NET membership provider, so if I were you I would consider using an alternate ASP.NET provider, or the commercial version from Adxstudio that includes a contact membership provider.

If you don't believe me on the Live ID Auth SDK, please see the note at the very top of this page: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb676633.aspx

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:21 PM

You should be upgrading to CRM 2011 at your earliest convenience. Every day that goes by that you are still using CRM 4 instead of CRM 2011 is another day that you are not getting as much value out of your CRM as you should be.

You do not need to download any other accelerator – the links on the codeplex site are all that you need. Please note that if you develop using the CRM 4 accelerator you will have to revisit your code when you do upgrade to CRM 2011. I would recommend you upgrade first, then add portals to minimize your efforts.  I would also recommend you not use Live ID directly at this point in time - use any other ASP.NET membership provider, including the one from the commercial version of the portals from Adxstudio.

Apr 24, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Hi Codeplex Team

Thanks for your response, we need following bit of information to fully clarify our self in regard to integrating MSD CRM 4.0 / 2011 with customer portal project available in codeplex.

1) One of the prerequisites for Integrating CRM 4.0 with the Customer Portal accelerator available in codeplex is to register the website site in Azure cloud using the following link: https://msm.live.com/app/ which we are unable to do as it shows up some exception when we click on Register an Application link.

Our requirement is simple, we just want to deploy the website in our own IIS. Actually we have done all the deployment steps except the deployment of website in Azure Cloud.

Please guide us through in deploying the website within the IIS of our CRM server.

2) We have another development server where we have installed MSD CRM 2011, I want to integrate the customer portal project of codeplex to it. When we checked for the deployment steps of the customer portal project docs in codeplex, it is referring to register or deploy a web site in Azure cloud using the following link: https://msm.live.com/app/ which again is not working( which is same as the one which we referred for CRM 4.0).

Could you please let us know which version of customer portal that we need to used for this.

Many thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks & Regards

Ayushi Shrivastava

Sent: Monday, April 23, 2012 7:52 PM
To: Ayushi Shrivastava (WI01 - Solutions)
Subject: Re: Not able to open link for regitration [customerportal:351137]

You should be upgrading to CRM 2011 at your earliest convenience. Every day that goes by that you are still using CRM 4 instead of CRM 2011 is another day that you are not getting as much value out of your CRM as you should be.

You do not need to download any other accelerator – the links on the codeplex site are all that you need. Please note that if you develop using the CRM 4 accelerator you will have to revisit your code when you do upgrade to CRM 2011. I would recommend you upgrade first, then add portals to minimize your efforts. I would also recommend you not use Live ID directly at this point in time - use any other ASP.NET membership provider, including the one from the commercial version of the portals from Adxstudio.

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Ayeshi, I provided the updated url in this email thread on April 4 - please use that information.  The Live ID information is only for registering the Live ID user authentication for your site and does not matter if you are deploying this in Windows Azure or on premise on IIS.  As I mentioned earlier in this conversation, please do not use Live ID as Microsoft is deprecating the Web Auth SDK and you will have problems very soon using it.  You can replace it with any ASP.NET membership provider.

As for how to deploy it on-premise, the steps are exactly the same except for that deploying to the cloud means using CRM Online instead of CRM Onpremise and deploying your website to Azure instead of IIS.  Simply skip the Azure steps and create a separate IIS website, putting the asp.net version to 4.0 and pointing it to your portal code.  It is as simple as that.  Here is a video that should help: http://www.adxstudio.com/adxstudio-xrm/demonstrations/adxstudio-portals-installation

Apr 24, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Forgot to answer your last question.  The CRM 2011 version of the portal can be found in the marketplace here: http://dynamics.pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-US/applications/customer-portal-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-12884910826.  The product in codeplex is only for CRM 4.  The CRM 2011 version was moved to the marketplace.